Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Listening

I'm a talker. I often talk my husband's ear off. I often talk EVERYONE's ears off. It's just kind of who I am. I'm talkative and nerdy and I'm totally cool with that.

Usually...

Lately, I've been feeling that I need to listen more and talk less. I do my hardest to make an extra effort to listen rather than talk... but then sometimes things just fall apart and I find myself talking up a storm and not being able to shut up!

This is definitely an area I feel God calling me to pray about and follow His word.

After all, if I can't shut up long enough to listen to my own husband, and listen to those around me, how on earth am I going to be able to hear God's voice when he is trying to talk to me?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...