Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Marathon Completed

First, it's been a while. 

Marathon training can really take a lot out of a girl!!

So for anyone following who isn't Facebook friends with me... We finished our marathon in 6 hours, 19 minutes, and 34 seconds!! Okay. So it's not a super impressive time, but at least we finished! 
A photo of us after we finished the marathon! I was STARVING!! According to my run keeper app, I burned around 2500 calories. I think that's a pretty good reason to be hungry :-) 

Other than a couple issues with pain, we made it through unscathed. Hub's was very emotional as we crossed the finish line. He was so happy and thankful we were done. I was mostly hungry. It never really hit me until after I ate some food that it really happened. That we really finished. That we actually ran 26.2 miles. Yikes!

Now we just have to plan for our 2014 year. Out plan is to run a race every month (nothing longer than a half marathon though). 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...