Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our Tiny Garden

For a while now, I have been getting seriously interested in gardening, and homesteading. Although I will admit that the actual desire to homestead is not one I particularly have at this moment, I applaud those who do. I LOVE reading about it however. :-)

When we moved into our apartment, one of the things my hubby really wanted to do for me was get me started gardening. We knew we only had a small space and we didn't really have much money to invest in the whole thing.

So this is everything we have in our little balcony. Not a lot, but it's enough for someone who has NEVER gardened or done ANYTHING beyond getting a lima bean to sprout in 1st grade.

First up, is the little table where the herbs hubby's mom bought us are kept. I also have a small container with some parsley that were started from seeds. I don't really know if they will grow very much though. So we are waiting to see how they handle everything.

Next up, is our green pepper plant. We did not start this from seed, but that's because when I tried it never grew :-P Also because it's part of our experiment to see if we can ever keep anything alive!!!

This next one I did start from seed. Cucumber plant. We'll see how it grows...

And our tomato plant. We bought it already started!!

The best part is that it's growing a few tomatoes already! So excited! Unfortunately I couldn't get the camera on my phone to focus on them very well so it's a bit blurry:-(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...