Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Advise I Got the Most....

img001
One year ago today, my husband I were married in a fairy tale wedding.... But while we were engaged, we got a lot of advise....

Don't go to sleep while angry with one another

Dont' forget to be spontaneous

Always make time for one another

I usually try to take advise from others to heart. Mostly because I trust the older people in my life, and I like to learn the things they have learned through trial and error and see if it works for me and my hubby. Yet, there was one piece of advise we got that I sure wasn't prepared for, and which I really had to mull over a while...

The puzzling advise was given to me while I was out to eat with his mother, his brother's mother in law, my niece and his grandmother just a few days before our wedding.. We were enjoying a hearty breakfast and as part of the normal chit chat with our waiter, the ladies with me revealed I was getting married in a few days. He smiled real big, and said "Well, just keep this in mind. If you make it one year, it's cheaper to just stay married."

I smiled, but inside I felt sick to my stomach. What kind of advise is that??? I was used to having people tell me all sorts of bits of advise, from housekeeping, to making my husband happy in bed, etc. Yet, this piece of advise really struck a chord with me. I couldn't let it go. I kept thinking about it, and mulling over this tidbit of advise. I still don't understand his piece of advise too well. I suppose financially there may be some sense in it. Or maybe it has some humor that I'm missing? Personally I go by another piece of logic: We managed to survive one year? Why not another? Followed by another

Our vows came with one restriction: that they be valid for as long as we both shall live...

img252

I,take thee, , to be my husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love.

img256

On this special and holy day, I affirm to you in the presence of God and these witnesses my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.

img266

I further promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

img266

I am very blessed to have married my best friend. To have married someone who also believes that a good relationship is based on a good friendship. To be married to my best friend, who supports me and all my dreams and goals. I couldn't ask for anything better. He has been an inspiration to me through the years. He has stuck by me even though I know I have driven him to the brink of insanity. He has chosen to love me everyday, even though society tells him he could simply divorce me if he ever wasn't happy. Despite all my imperfections, he loves me and chooses me. Every Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...