Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweetest Things...

This morning I received a wonderful blessing, and I'm sure that the person who told me didn't even realize how mcuh it meant to me either. Which made it all the more special! This morning, when I sent my mother-in-law a message to let her know that the Hubby has the stomach flu for the second time this week she sent me a message back telling me what my little niece did the previous morning...

My four year old niece, Alina, is adorable. And she knows it. She loves posing for the camera, and she loves to pose pretty for pictures. Although the pose doesn't always last as she is still young and VERY hyper. Alina's mother passed away last September, and it's just her and my brother in law now. While he is at work, Joy either stays with Grandma Donna and Aunt "Cassie" or she goes off to pre-school.


Last week, when everyone was in town, Alina often wanted to sit by me when we went on rides, or wanted to hold my hand as we walked around the parks. I will admit, it was a wonderful treat for me since I don't often get to see her. Hubby and I don't often get to travel to Michigan where his family is, and they really only come down when they come on vacations at Disney. The economy is still hurting really bad up there, and we don't really make a whole lot of money down here to be able to afford the trips up there. So it's hard not being able to see family, but we are very thankful for the things like Facebook that keep us all in touch and involved in each others lives.


Now that we have backstory, onto my mother in law's message to me. After I texted her that Chris wasn't well today, she asked me to tell him that she wishes he would get well soon. She then sent me this (and I say it verbatim):

By the way yesturday Alina was putting on a skort (skirts,shorts) and said "Aunt Becky wear. Skirts"


Mymother in law has the absolute worst phone for texting. I text a lot and when I tried to use it, I had the hardest time. I will say though, that I have been spoiled with my iPhone. But aside from that, I was so touched by her sharing what Alina said with me. I was also touched by the fact that Alina, at the age of four, recognized that I wore skirts a lot more than I wore shorts or anything else. It was just so sweet and so touching that she then wanted to wear something close to a skirt. It really shows how much little kids really do notice about us..


Which really ties into the whole concept that has been on my mind lately. About the example Naomi set for Ruth by her actions and behavior during hard times. She set a good example, and Ruth was anxious to copy. Now, I am not saying I am like Naomi, because I am definitely not there. But it proves just how much children, and really any of those younger than us, actually take in when they are watching how we adults, or just those older than them, behave. Makes me really take Titus 2 even more to heart.

These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.(Titus 2:4-5 NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...