Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Running Partners - Some extra thoughts



I came across this passage today while reading, and seeing as I just posted about how much I love my husband for being my running partner, and how great it is having him there to support me. How great I feel being able to support him...

 Two people are better than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, NLT

Now this really applies to so many areas of our lives. It's basically why God made Eve. Because together, she and Adam would be better off than if it was just Adam. Together they had more of a reason to work hard and live and basically do anything.


When people start diets, one of the most important things they can do is have an accountability partner. Programs with higher success rates, like Weight Watchers, has this in abundance. You have your group that keeps you accountable to your goals. Studies have shown that working out with a friend is better than working out alone. You keep each other going and often have fun together in the process. These studies also show that people with an accountability partner are more likely to stick to their diets, and reach their goals.
 
It's the same with running. Running with my husband forces me to run harder, faster, and longer than I would if I were doing it on my own. When I run by myself I often end up wondering if I look stupid. I let myself get tired and walk a lot more than if my husband were with me.
 
While I am blessed that my main accountability partner lives with me, I still have others. My husband isn't really on a diet, so I still need friends to help me out with making sure I'm eating healthy choices and sticking to what I plan for my diet. I cannot emphasize enough just how much this has helped me in my weight loss goals!
 
And I'm loving that there's a verse to support it in the Bible :-)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...