Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

I love decorating. I also love decorating for little to no cost. Unfortunately,I'm not the greatest... and as anyone who really reads my blog knows, I'm currently living in a corner of the basement at my in-laws house. Part of it (the bedroom) is finished, and the rest isn't. My sister in laws fiance helped out by getting some carpet that lays across the area just outside the bedroom. That little area on the cartpet is what we have turned into our makeshift living room. It's nothing special. Our tv is on top of one old desk, and the computer on top of another. there's a mini fridge with a microwave on top (very college dorm style). I'm hoping to get a little hotpot or something too....

Yet, I digress...

Right now, we are in the middle of the Christmas season. For me, this hasn't much felt like Christmas. We haven't got a tree this year, and probably won't get one. We are still partially living out of boxes, and most of our Christmas stuff is in a storage unit.

So, I was super excited when I was going around some blogs and found an amazing link for making your own snowflakes! href=http://vintagejunky.com/hand_cut_paper_snow_flakes/paper_snowflake_how_to_template.pdf> Click here for the way to fold your paper! When I saw the pictures posted, I fell in love. I thought "WOW! What a great way to decorate a little for Christmas! Okay, maybe its more winter than Christmas...SO i made a bunch and hung them from the beams (or maybe it's rafters?)

SO when my husband just came home he got quite a bit of a surprise. I strung white lights up across the "ceiling" on beams and had them lit when my husband came down stairs. So not only did we have snowflakes, but we also had a bunch of white lights. He is a huge fan of christmas, and winter, so he had a big smile on his face. It was something he had been planning on doing for a while and just hadn't found the time. So i decided to do it for him, as a surprise :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...