Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Return to Femininity

I found an amazing quote last week. It's a simple idea that I have heard not only amongst those in conservative religious circles, but also amongst non-Christian circles.

To awake chivalry we must return to femininity. We must stop doing the masculine things and become the gentle, tender, dependent women we were designed to be -Helen Andelin



And I brace myself for the feminist attack...


I truly believe that in celebrating the very things that SEPERATE us from men and the male sex, we are actually BEING feminists and supporting all things feminine. i actually wrote about this before in another blog: Feminism and Homemaking. When I found this quote i just thought about how true it is. even to where i have seen a nonchristian write about this very thing.


in her book, The Surrendered Wife, Laura Doyle writes about how by taking over adn taking charge of our relationships and controlling our husbands (not just ourselves and our behavior) we are basically showing them that we DONT need them. we are putting ourselves under unneeded pressure and stress, and frankly, when we do that, it makes them feel like less of a man. while my husband claims he never feels different, i have noticed a difference in his behavior not only in his treatment of me, but in his confidence, when i surrender and submit to him. personally, i have found it the easier way to go, and the happier.

2 comments:

Emmy Lynette said...

All of that may be true, but it is true that we don't actually NEED them. They are a nice addition in your life meant to make you happier but by no stretch do you actually need them to live. Just my two cents.

BeckyAnn said...

i think i understand what you are saying...however....

i myself cannot lift heavy boxes. i NEED a man in my life (even if its just a friend) who will help me move heavier items and help me to do the things i am physically not able. if i were single, i wouldn't necessarily NEED a man to make money or pay my bills. but i don't believe that we can truly live without men in our lives at all. God created woman because it is not good for man to be alone. just as it is not good for them to be alone, neither is it truly good for woman to be alone either. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...